In a good blender, put at least the following:
- 1 banana
- 1/3 blender full of dark greens (kale, spinach, collard, swiss chard, beet greens...)
- 1/3 blender full of berries (alternate often: blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries)
- 1 peeled lemon/lime/orange
- 1 T flax meal
- 1 chunk fresh ginger root, 1 " in length
- 1 chunk fresh turmeric root, 1" in length
- 1 frozen small beet chunk for red color and sweetness
- Fill blender with green tea or hibiscus tea up to 2 inches from top. No more, or you'll have a blender blowout, trust us!
- Puree for at least 2 minutes or more to get a nice smooth texture
Split the blenderful with a loved one, and consume over 32 ounces of power nutrients. Serve with a shake straw that has bigger diameter than regular straw(Bed, Bath & Beyond, Walmart occasionally)
*For added protein, add handful of nuts or plain cooked beans.
You can really add almost any fruit or veggie to your smoothie, but we like to get the power foods in the morning before we start our day. Obviously, avoid bitter and spicy veggies like eggplant, grapefruit, citrus peel, etc.
On days where we do not have our Power Smoothie for breakfast, we can tell a big difference in the way we feel. Also, be prepared to have a bathroom close by within 30 minutes of finishing your smoothie, and this is NO JOKE! The fiber will do wonders to keep your digestive system on the move, and you need to be prepared!
You can also find 2 smoothie demo videos on my youtube channel. See below!
for more helpful kitchen/cooking how-to videos, visit the "How-To Video" page on this site!